The 20 Best Email Signatures To Encourage Donors to Give to Charity
We tend to think of fundraising as an active experience – a nonprofit or a fundraiser reaches out to a prospective donor, the donor considers the appeal, makes a decision, and hopefully that decision is to make a gift.
But fundraising doesn’t always follow that equation.
The gift-making process can also be sparked by passive fundraising. Passive fundraising is a strategy that produces additional giving revenue for an organization by essentially leaving a trail of breadcrumbs behind for a donor to notice, and engage with.
Common forms of passive fundraising can be as classic as a donation jar, linking to a giving page from a social media profile, including self-addressed envelopes with direct mail, or email signatures. In this post, we’ll examine email signatures that you can steal, copy, or edit to ensure anyone you communicate with has a direct path to making a gift to your organization.
These signatures are intended to be evergreen – ones you can use any time of the year and with any campaign.
1. Every dollar makes a difference – please consider donating to [charity]
2. Help make a difference – donate to [charity] today
3. Together, we can create a better world – give to [charity]
4. Every gift counts – please donate to [charity]
5. Help us achieve our mission to [mission one-liner] – give to [charity]
6. Your gift can make a lasting impact – please support [charity]
7. Help us continue our important work – consider making a gift to [charity]
8. Your gift can create a brighter future – please support [charity]
9. Be a part of something bigger – donate to [charity]
10. Together, we can accomplish so much more – please give to [charity]
These signatures are intended to appeal to donors on a specific timeline – they should be used during campaigns and be switched out when a campaign ends.
11. [DATE] is Giving Day at [charity]. Mark your calendars to support us in our 24-hour appeal!
12. Make your gift by [date] to help us reach our goal
13. Join us in creating positive change at [event] – support [charity]
14. Double your impact! Make a gift by [DATE] and your donation will be matched by [matching gift donor] – please consider supporting [charity] today
15. Every gift brings us closer to our goal of [GOAL] – please support [charity]
These signatures are intended to inform donors of ways to give to specific campaigns or give in special ways.
15. Did you know there are many ways you can make a gift? Learn more about supporting [charity] through gifts of stock, estate gifts, matching gifts, and more.
16. Would you consider a gift in honor of [NAME] [RELATION TO ORGANIZATION]?
17. Let [charity] help leave your legacy, ask about Planned Giving.
18. Help us [create/build/fund] [PROJECT] – support [CHARITY]
19. [NAME] helps us create a world without [problem] – please give in her name.
Every email that you send can act as a billboard to broadcast your mission's needs. Consider how your email signature looks and if your organization could benefit from using it to make a passive fundraising appeal.